Sunday, 1 May 2016

CHAPLAINCY OF FULWOOD BARRACKS

The Revd John Vincent is now in post as Bde DACG and can be contacted on the following numbers:
Mil 94554 2359.
Civ 01772 260359.
Mob 07500 575323.


From the Padre.

I have just arrived as chaplain to The Brigade and looking forward to meeting many of you over the course of my two year posting. I came with a certain amount of trepidation, having had a few postings over the years on the ‘other’ side of the Pennines but have been very impressed by the warm welcome and hospitality, not to mention the quality of real ales in Preston!
I am a priest in The Church of England and prior to joining the Army 13 years ago, served as a vicar for 16 years in London. During my time in the Army, I have served with many different units in UK, Germany and Cyprus, and operational tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Although I am Church of England, my remit is for the pastoral, spiritual and moral support of the Brigade and Garrison staff and dependents regardless of faith or denomination – my office is in the welfare hub, on the first floor next to the church and my door is always open. 
For those of you who appreciate a bit of quiet time at the start of the day, I say Morning Prayer weekdays at 0830 (unless I am away from camp) and on Fridays at 0900. Everyone is welcome to come along. Our beautiful garrison church is open every day for private prayer or contemplation, and baptisms and weddings are by arrangement.
That’s probably enough from me for now – if I can be of help in any way, please do not hesitate to call in.

The Rev’d John Vincent CF